Saturday, March 19, 2011

Seborrheic dermatitis

What is Seborrheic dermatitis? It is quite common inflammation of the skin which causes the scalp to flake in areas that have oil over production. For the longest, I thought I just had regular dandruff, but the itching was just unbearable, so I went to a dermatologist who told me I had this condition. He prescribed me 2% ketaconazale shampoo that I was supposed to leave on my hair for about 5 minutes. I also had to use another regular shampoo after because it would dry out my hair. Of course, I did not like this because as soon I washed my hair, I would feel itchy. Maybe it just a nerves thing. Now, that I am completely natural, I am more particular about what I put in my hair, and I love creating/researching products for all my hair needs. So, imagine my enthusiasm when I happen upon a essential oil remedy for my condition. The recipe consists of using essential oils bergamot, sandalwood and lemongrass(the dominant scent), which are mixed together with a carrier oil. You should never put an essential oil on your skin without a carrier oil. If you have allergies make sure to test on a small portion of your skin to make sure you will not have an allergic reaction. I would start first with about two teaspoons of the carrier oil and maybe four drops of each essential oil and then build it up to the amount you want from there. I currently have about 190 ml bottle of it that I massage it into my scalp a couple times a week, but so far so good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment