Sunday, July 10, 2011

Naturally Me

I have currently been natural for almost two years, and I find that with it I feel more free. Most people think that kinky hair gives me limitations in styling options but it doesn’t. I have a plethora of options whether I wear it curly or straight. I can braid, twist, coil, curl,rod and even straighten my hair just like someone that goes through the chemical process can do. Only thing is they have to worry about the rain, whereas I’m okay walking out in it with my curly fro…lol! I remember those days of the first couple of weeks after getting a perm, avoiding water at all costs. I have noticed that my hair hold styles a lot longer than when it was permed. I used to pay 75 dollars for a perm and a style, which would only last for about that day then the next day, curls gone. So, things I don’t miss about perms. 1. Not having to perm 2. The scalp burns 3. Sitting in the hair shop for the entire day, this should be number one 4. Having to worry about getting my hair wet 5. The cost to upkeep. Now I’m not saying natural hair can’t get expensive, especially if you’re a product junkie but not so much if I create my own products for my hair. Currently, I make my own shampoo, Shealoe(can be used on the entire body) and scalp treatment. Next, I will tackle conditioners and daily moisturizers until then I will embrace, cherish and enjoy the natural me.
Click here to view my Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment