Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rosemary Oil


I had every intention of talking about Sweet Almond Oil but in my research Rosemary keep popping out at me. So, I figured I would start with this essential oil.In my research, I discovered that the rosemary herb is a producer, meaning that it can create its own energy to reproduce. How cool is that? So, this a great plant to stimulates growth by helping with scalp circulation, so what better oil to use when trying to promote the health of my hair. Rosemary oil is great for itchy scalp(I like this).I'm thinking of mixing it with my scalp treatment.This essential oil is not just beneficial for the hair but the skin, and body. I read that it can alleviate and/or help with bad breath as it is a disinfectant. It can assist with dry skin, relief of pain and breathing issues, which I have asthma so this is good to know.Rosemary oil is great for a brain boost, as it can aid with forgetfulness something I've found I tend to do a lot. Where was I? Oh, yes I'm really liking this oil, it seems to be a great multipurpose oil, and it will be added to my list of go to oils especially for the brain boosting, and hair growth. As with any essential oil take care to do a skin test to determine if you will have any adverse reactions and also remember to dilute them with your favorite carrier oil such as Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil and such. 

Scientific Name: Rosmarinus officinalis
Extraction: From the leaves of the herb through steam distillation
Common Uses:Hair and skin care cosmetics, Aromatherapy, Cooking
Blendability: Lavender, Lemongrass, Basil, Clary Sage, Chamomile, Thyme, Peppermint, Cedarwood, Juniper, Tea Tree, and Geranium

Recipe: Haven't tried this yet, so let me know what you think
Ingredients
3 ounces virgin olive oil
5 drops rosemary essential oil

5 drops lavender essential oil

2 drops sandalwood essential oil

Directions: Gently massage a few drops of this mixture into the scalp and throughout the hair.

Note: If you intend to take this oil internally, I would suggest doing this with caution as it can cause some serious issues.So, do some research on this and also talk with your....you guessed it HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.





0 comments:

Post a Comment