Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hair Routine Attempt

So, I need to get some sort of hair routine, a consistent one. Not really being a good hair girl. Yesterday I pre-cleaned my hair with the SheaMoisture black soap bar(this worked great!!), then followed it with my shampoo I made. My shampoo has olive oil and tea tree in it and whatever else was nearby that I don't remember at the moment. I like it best when it was just the olive oil, but I'm going to try it with coconut oil next time. Any who, after washing I conditioned with Pantene Pro-V curly dry to moisturized, using my tangle teaser to get the kinks out. Now I only used this because I didn't have any other conditioner on hand and I made a point of not looking at the ingredients until after I put it in my hair. Needless to say it did well in my hair, but I still like my Curls conditioner until I make something of my own. I rinsed the conditioner out and did a scalp treatment for my Seborrheic dermatitis, then followed this with coconut oil on my hair only. My hair soaks up water quickly, so by the time I got ready to shingle it wasn't wet enough anymore. Now, taking my spray bottle and my Kinky Curly Custard(love this, but can become gunky if you're heavy handed) and my Denman brush, I sectioned each part off and proceeded to wet, apply and brush through the product to get my desired style. I not really a product junkie, it's just that sometimes I'm cool with experimenting with other stuff, but as a way to save money I would prefer to make my own. Hopefully, I will get better at having a routine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment